Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pride Cakes

June is pride month! Hooray!
I can think of no better way to show one's pride than by baking rainbow cakes...especially if they're rainbow cakes baked in a "canoe" pan (insert conspiratorial wink here). How perfect! Haha, I crack myself up.
Anywho, I used the zebra cake recipe to make these. I whipped up the batter, divided it, colored it, and layered it in my greased pan. Simple. I baked these beauties at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until they tested done.
This batter makes a very dense cake, which isn't ideal for filling. But I think these babies are pretty fabulous without it. If you want to try your hand at filling your own rainbow cakes, please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear if it worked for you!
Now go out and find a parade to lead!
I love using Wilton gel colors. They don't water down the batter.
After I finished 'bulls-eyeing' the batter. Remember: R.O.Y.G.B.I.V.!
I had just enough better left after filling the canoes to make 2 eyes in my round pan
Fresh from the oven!
So pretty!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment